Wednesday 26 February 2014

Abraham Lincoln Quotes



A collection of quotes attributed to U.S. President Abraham Lincoln.

  • I don't know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know who his grandson will be.
  • I'm a slow walker, but I never walk back.
  • Things may come to those who wait. But only the things left by those who hustle.
  • People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.
  • Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
  • The better part of one's life consists of his friendships.
  • A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have.
  • Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
  • A house divided against itself cannot stand.
  • All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
  • A woman is the only thing I am afraid of that I know will not hurt me.
  • All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind.
  • Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.
  • Allow the president to invade a neighboring nation, whenever he shall deem it necessary to repel an invasion, and you allow him to do so whenever he may choose to say he deems it necessary for such a purpose - and you allow him to make war at pleasure.
  • Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
Enjoy the best Abraham Lincoln Quotes 

1 comment:

Blog Directory Blogging Fusion Blog DirectoryWeb Directory